Indulge kids’ inquisitive minds with this simple 10-minute classroom warm up. Curiospirations are 4-step inspirations for interactive, workable answers to kids’ commonly asked questions.
Step 1) Ask:
“What are colors?”
Step 2) Watch:
Play the video above for your students.
- What you’ll see: A chameleon casually hanging out on a branch, and changing its color multiple times.
- Length: 3 minutes.
Step 3) Discuss:
Now, get your students talking. Start with 1-3 questions of your choice:
- Is it possible to see colors in the dark?
- How many colors are there in the world?
- Does everything have a color?
- How do colors help us in everyday life?
- Are some colors more noticeable than others? How do we use them?
Step 4) Answer:
So, what are colors?
Your students should now have a strong grasp on how to answer this question. Let them tell you!
There’s more where that came from!
Sign up for your free 30-day trial today, and gain
unlimited access to an extensive library of classroom-ready
lesson plans — inspired by children’s