Quick and easy classroom-ready warm-ups, inspired by kids’ curious questions from around the world — updated weekly.
Step 1) Ask:
“Do computers know languages?”
Step 2) Watch:
Play the video above for your students.
- What you’ll see: Scrolling code on a computer screen.
- Length: Less than 30 seconds.
Step 3) Discuss:
Now, get your students talking. Start with 1-3 questions of your choice:
- How do people communicate?
- Are languages only made up of words, or are there other forms of language that are nonverbal?
- Do animals communicate?
- Are language and communication the same thing?
- What does a computer do?
- Do computers communicate between each other? To humans?
Step 4) Answer:
So, do computers know languages?
Your students should now have a strong grasp on how to answer this question. Let them tell you!
There’s more where that came from!
Sign up for your free 30-day trial today, and gain
unlimited access to an extensive library of classroom-ready
lesson plans — inspired by children’s