Quick and easy classroom-ready warm-ups, inspired by kids’ curious questions from around the world — updated weekly.
Step 1) Ask:
“Why do we go to school?”
Step 2) Watch:
Play the video above for your students.
- What you’ll see: A touching video displaying the value of education; a luxury many cannot afford in other parts of the world.
- Length: 3 minutes.
Step 3) Discuss:
Now, get your students talking. Start with 1-3 questions of your choice:
- What kinds of things do we learn at school that we wouldn’t find out about otherwise?
- If you weren’t in class, where would you like to be instead?
- Is it important to learn new things?
- Is school the only place we learn? Where else can we learn?
- What do your parents do while you’re in school?
- What kinds of people do you meet at school?
- What do we have access to in school, that we don’t have at home or in other places?
- What do we gain from going to school?
- What would make school more fun?
Step 4) Answer:
So, why do we go to school?
Your students should now have a strong grasp on how to answer this question. Let them tell you!
There’s more where that came from!
Sign up for your free 30-day trial today, and gain
unlimited access to an extensive library of classroom-ready
lesson plans — inspired by children’s
Curiospiration #11: Why do we go to school?