Indulge kids’ inquisitive minds with this simple 10-minute classroom warm up. Curiospirations are 4-step inspirations for interactive, workable answers to kids’ commonly asked questions.
Step 1) Ask:
“Do computers have a heart?”
Step 2) Watch:
Play the video above for your students.
- What you’ll see: A short, animated story about the relationship between a robot and its owner, an elderly lady.
- Length: Under 6 minutes.
Step 3) Discuss:
Now, get your students talking. Start with 1-3 questions of your choice:
- How are robots and humans similar? How are they different?
- Could this story happen today, or in the future?
- How do humans get energy? How do robots get energy?
- Is it possible for robots to feel emotions?
- What does the heart of a robot look like? Where is it located?
Step 4) Answer:
So, do computers have a heart?
Your students should now have a strong grasp on how to answer this question. Let them tell you!
There’s more where that came from!
Sign up for your free 30-day trial today, and gain
unlimited access to an extensive library of classroom-ready
lesson plans — inspired by children’s
Curiospiration #2: “Do computers have a heart?”