Indulge kids’ inquisitive minds with this simple 10-minute classroom warm up. Curiospirations are 4-step inspirations for interactive, workable answers to kids’ commonly asked questions.
Step 1) Ask:
“What are emotions?”
Step 2) Watch:
Show the video above to your students.
- What you’ll see: Various kids talking about how they experience various emotions.
- Video length: Under 4 minutes.
Step 3) Discuss:
Now, get your students talking. Start with 1-3 questions of your choice:
- Can we choose our emotions?
- Why do we have negative emotions (for example, anger)?
- What influences our emotions?
- Can emotions be seen?
- How are emotions expressed?
- Is it possible to tell what emotions someone else is experiencing? How?
- What kinds of emotions do you feel on a normal day?
Step 4) Answer:
So, what are emotions?
Your students should now have a strong grasp on how to answer this question. Let them tell you!
There’s more where that came from!