Quick and easy classroom-ready warm-ups, inspired by kids’ curious questions from around the world — updated weekly.
Step 1) Ask:
“How does the heart work?”
Step 2) Watch
OPTION 1: Play the video above for your students.
- What you’ll see: An animated video simulating a beating heart.
- Length: Under 30 seconds.
Step 3) Discuss:
Now, get your students talking. Start with 1-3 questions of your choice:
- How big is the heart?
- What does the heart do?
- Can you hear your heart beating?
- What happens to your heart while you’re sleeping?
- How many times does a heart beat every day?
- Does the heart ever stop working? What would happen if your heart stopped beating?
- How can you keep your heart in good shape? Ask your parents or any adults you know what they do to take care of their heart.
Step 4) Answer:
So, how does the heart work?
Your students should now have a strong grasp on how to answer this question. Let them tell you!
There’s more where that came from!
Sign up for your free 30-day trial today, and gain
unlimited access to an extensive library of classroom-ready
lesson plans — inspired by children’s