Quick and easy classroom-ready warm-ups, inspired by kids’ curious questions from around the world — updated weekly.
Step 1) Ask:
“Why do we need skin?”
Step 2) Watch:
Play the video above for your students.
- What you’ll see: Two newborn babies in a bath.
- Length: Under 3 minutes.
Step 3) Discuss:
Now, get your students talking. Start with 1-3 questions of your choice:
- What would happen if we didn’t have skin? How would we look?
- Do all living things have skin? If not, what do they have instead?
- Is fur for animals the same as skin for humans?
- What happens when our skin comes into contact with water?
- What happens when we sweat?
- What happens to our skin as we get older? Where do wrinkles come from?
- What does our skin protect us from?
- Is everyone’s skin the same?
Step 4) Answer:
So, why do we need skin?
Your students should now have a strong grasp on how to answer this question. Let them tell you!
There’s more where that came from!
Sign up for your free 30-day trial today, and gain
unlimited access to an extensive library of classroom-ready
lesson plans — inspired by children’s