Quick and easy classroom-ready warm-ups, inspired by kids’ curious questions from around the world — updated weekly.
Step 1) Ask:
“How much water would it take to save a beached whale?”
Step 2) Watch
Play the video above for your students.
- What you’ll see: Police, navy, fishermen and beachgoers helping a whale stranded on a Chilean beach return to the sea.
- Length: 2 minutes.
Step 3) Discuss:
Now, get your students talking. Start with 1-3 questions of your choice:
- Why do whales end up on the shore?
- Think of how big humans are in comparison to the whale in the video. How much water do you need on a daily basis? How much water do you think a whale needs?
- Do humans and whales rely on water in the same way for their survival?
- Can whales live on land? Can humans live in the water?
- Are whales fish or mammals? How do you know?
- How did the whale get saved in the video? Was it just a question of having enough water?
Step 4) Answer:
So, how much water does it take to save a beached whale?
Your students should now have a strong grasp on how to answer this question. Let them tell you!
There’s more where that came from!
Sign up for your free 30-day trial today, and gain
unlimited access to an extensive library of classroom-ready
lesson plans — inspired by children’s
Curiospiration #8: “How much water would it take to save a beached whale?”
I have been browsing on-line greater than three hours these days, but I never discovered any
attention-grabbing article like yours. It’s beautiful worth enough for me.
In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers
made just right content as you did, the internet will probably be a lot more helpful than ever before. http://bing.net
I’ve been surfing online more than 3 hours today,
yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
It is pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if
all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will
be much more useful than ever before. http://yahoo.net
It is the best time to make a few plans for the longer term and it’s
time to be happy. I have read this post and if I may
just I wish to counsel you few fascinating things or tips.
Perhaps you can write subsequent articles referring to this article.
I want to learn even more things about it! http://Yahoo.org